Looking for a low carb healthy side dish / give it a whirl!

Home Forums The Love 4 Food Looking for a low carb healthy side dish / give it a whirl!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    14 pts

I know one of the toughest things to do when getting into a healthy way of eating/living is finding side dishes
    that are tasty and help keep us feeling full.

One of my favorites is a chickpea mash potatoes.

Basically straight forward and very easy to prepare, takes minutes, is easy, simple and easy to modify.

Step 1
    -1 can chickpeas, boil for a few minutes to soften, once strained put aside in a bowl
    Step 2
    -chop a few cloves of garlic
    -1/2 red onion chopped
    *fry for a couple minutes to veggies, and put aside
    Step 3
    Add ingredients to a blender and blend to a nice, smooth texture adding almond milk to smooth, and sea salt and pepper to taste..

I like to chop cilantro and top with the mash when serving.

Enjoy, any modifications and changes are welcome, please share if you do!

Nk

Boone
    58 pts

Very nice. Going to think of a few I| do and add to the list.

Switchfit
    14 pts

try this low carb side, love using it on its own or I use it for sheppards pie ect.

Cauliflower mash

-take a full cauliflower, break it up and rinse in the sink
    -drain and i use paper towels to get rid excess water
    -fry cauliflower to soften, and add 3 cloves of grated garlic, red onion, salt and pepper to taste
    -remove after a couple minutes and add to blender and add almond milk and blend

enjoy!

DaveT
    Contributor
    4 pts

From the explanation, it looks very easy to make the chickpea mash potatoes or should I say that you were very simple and descriptive very well. I’m going to give it a shot maybe during mid week and I will give you a feedback here. If I can upload the video, I’ll too.

Ryancat
    Contributor
    4 pts

It looks like I have what I’m going to make this night once I’m back from work. Meals with low carb  is always more healthy to eat often. I know that I’m very well going to enjoy this once I’m done making it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT

Your privacy is important to us and we will never rent or sell your information.

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up