Self-Compassion Research: 4 Ways Studies Show That Being Kind to Yourself Matter

Home Forums The Love 4 Mindfulness Self-Compassion Research: 4 Ways Studies Show That Being Kind to Yourself Matter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Contributor
    7 pts

People have probably told you in the past to “be kind to yourself” – it’s the kind of thing we say when trying to comfort someone. But we’re often not kind to ourselves at all, and indeed we may think that being kind to ourselves is a weakness or a form of self-indulgence. In fact, the opposite is true. Research has shown clear evidence that self-compassion is important, in many different ways.

Link here

A_grace
    Contributor
    8 pts

I found compassion could be come an obstacle to my own happiness…some people are spiritual leeches and the more you feel the more you are destined to witn them…self compassion, or kindness to yourself lets you justify un-leeching your life.

falcon
    Contributor

This is true. Often we aren’t kind to ourselves and that’s because we barely even understand what it means to be compassionate to our own selves.

It spans beyond having everything to ourselves. It is not selfishness but a way to make ourselves know that we deserve the rest we need. We deserve self-love.

When I get time, I’ll be back to talk about this.

DaveT
    Contributor
    4 pts

I don’t care if anyone sees it as me being selfish, it’s their business. But I will always put myself first in everything that I’m doing. If my good doesn’t get sorted out first and guaranteed 100%, there’s no way I would be interested in what applies to another.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT

Your privacy is important to us and we will never rent or sell your information.

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up