4x4x4 Workouts

Home Forums The Love 4 Fitness 4x4x4 Workouts

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    58 pts

4 exercises x 4 repetitions x 4 minutes

Boone
    58 pts

Found this in an article, sharing here as it pertains to similar flow of 4 minute drills.

“A study in Cell Metabolism found that four 4 minute bursts of flat out exercise on a stationary bicycle just three days a week – a total of just 48 high intensity minutes a week – resulted in much greater levels of age-reversing changes at the genetic and cellular levels, along with enhanced mitochondrial activity, and improved insulin sensitivity than regular weight lifting sessions.”

Looking at high intensity, you would have to do sprints on the stationary bike, likely 10 seconds full speed with some higher resistance, then 10 seconds steady state. Would have been nice if the article specified this.

I have taught 4×4’s in my warm ups for students with great results.

Boone
    58 pts

workout routines

Boone
    58 pts

workout routines

Boone
    58 pts

workout routines

Boone
    58 pts

4 Squats
    4 Lunges (Forward alternating legs)
    4 Jump Squats
    4 Sit-Ups

A leg burner.

Alexcashman
    Contributor
    1 pt

i think you forgot to post?

Boone
    58 pts

First post is just the description of a 4 x 4 workout. Thanks for looking out.

Boone
    58 pts

Climbers x4 (right leg count as 1)
    Squats x4
    Push Ups x4
    Bicycle x4 (right leg count as 1)

Boone
    58 pts

Squats x4
    Lunges x4
    Push Ups x4
    Palm to Elbows x4

Ryancat
    Contributor
    4 pts

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I like the repetition pattern of the workout drill. I think that one’s system will easily adjust and adapt to the training pattern.</p>

I believe that my brother would be very much interested in working out in this way. It’s going to be very easy for him.

DaveT
    Contributor
    4 pts

Climbers x4 (right leg count as 1) Squats x4 Push Ups x4 Bicycle x4 (right leg count as 1)

It looks like I would be going with this drill today. I feel like working out tonight before going to bed.

I’m going to spike it using these drills for 4x4x4. If I feel really good after it, I’m getting into it more often from tomorrow.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT

Your privacy is important to us and we will never rent or sell your information.

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up